As you’re making that to-do list for your Fourth of July festivities (8 days, but who is counting?) we have one you need to move to the top! Sure you need groceries, sunscreen, and maybe even some decorations, but have you called MoJo? Make sure you call your local Mosquito Joe this week to make sure you’re on the schedule for a barrier spray treatment before the big holiday. We’re pretty sure mosquitoes aren’t on your guest list, so we can help you make sure they don’t show up. Schedules are filling up quickly so call now!
And speaking of groceries and July 4th we’ve got the perfect side dish to go with your burgers and brats. Since you’ve got that grill fired up, make some room for some Jalapeno-Lime Corn.
- 8 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: lime zest
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Coat corn lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together butter and next 5 ingredients. Remove corn from grill, and cut into thirds. Serve corn with butter mixture.
Now that you’re writing that down, give us a call. Mosquitoes aren’t on your guest list, and Mosquito Joe will make sure they don’t party crash.