Father’s Day is coming up this weekend, and you know what that means. It’s is definitely time to start brainstorming and planning for the perfect celebration. Whether you spend the day with immediate family only or have a blowout with all the neighbors, there are so many different ways to bond with dad. While showing him how much he’s appreciated for all he does, don’t forget to make it fun for everyone!
Here are a few ideas to make this Sunday extra special:
- Wake up early to cook breakfast and make coffee. Bring it to dad in bed. Once he’s settled, bring him his gifts. Read cards and watch him open presents while he enjoys breakfast.
- Have the family over for a cookout. Let the grill master relax while you take over for a change. Just don’t burn anything!
- Build a backyard bonfire when the sun goes down. This is the perfect way to spend quality time with family towards the end of the day. Bring everyone outside to roast marshmallows and tell stories.
- Go to the movies as a family. This time, let dad pick the show and the snacks.
- Go to a local campground or pitch a tent in the backyard. Bring plenty of snacks, sleeping bags, and kick back with dad. This will make for memories that’ll last a lifetime.
- Take to the fairway! There is a good chance your dad enjoys playing an occasional 18 holes. Even if you’re not a golfer, go along with him and give it your best shot. I promise you’ll have fun, and dad will be thankful you participated in one of his favorite activities.
- Have a picnic in a local park. Make all of dad’s favorites, pack a cooler, and surprise him by taking him out to enjoy it all with the family. Eat, laugh, reminisce, chat, and watch the sunset together. Don’t forget to capture the moment!
- If you have a pool, invite your dad’s best friends and their families over for a pool party. The sun is getting hotter by the day, so why not keep cool with dad on his?!
- Go for a family hike. Find a local nature trail and spend the morning getting in your daily exercise family style!
- Host a neighborhood barbecue. Let the neighborhood families come over to celebrate all the dads and munch on tasty treats. Ease the stress of planning a party by making it a pot luck!
- Is dad a history buff? Go to a local museum to learn a thing or two. An educational experience is never a bad idea!
We wish all the dads out there a very Happy Father’s Day! Thank you for all that you do. If your Father’s Day celebrations happen to take you outside, don’t forget that added layer of protection against mosquitoes. Call your local Mosquito Joe today for a free quote and information about our services. We can make sure your celebration and your entire summer are swat-free.