I grew up on the coast of North Carolina which made beach music a regular in our house. We were always listening to it as we were getting the boat ready, hosing down our patio furniture, and eagerly anticipating the good times we knew were coming thanks to warmer weather. Chairman of the Board’s “Beach Fever” with the classic line “I can’t wait ’til it’s Easter weekend ’cause I know it won’t be long before summer begins!” was not only fun to sing, it was and is true! Easter weekend, to many people, signifies the turning of the seasons and light at the end of a cold tunnel. The tulips, Easter decorations and pastel colors are a welcome sight as we bid adieu to winter.
Since Easter weekend is upon us, I thought I’d share a cute idea I found this week while looking for fun Easter ideas for my three year old. My Frugal Adventures gives you a fun and affordable way to put a little more magic in your holiday!
Magical Jelly Bean Garden for Easter
- Have your kids check the front porch or steps one afternoon for a special package. Have a plastic egg with jelly beans (you pick the number!) waiting for them.
- Explain that it’s time to go plant the magical beans!
- Have kids plant (or sprinkle so you don’t disturb the grass or plans) the beans in your yard.
- Then go outside and replace the beans with peeps on kabob sticks (sorry peeps) or lollipops. You can either wait a few hours or do this at night.
- Watch the kids freak out!
Of course we want all gardens, magical or not, to be mosquito free this year. The temperatures are rising, and mosquitoes breed when the temperature stays above 55 degrees, so make sure you give your local Mosquito Joe a call. The earlier you’re on the spray schedule, the sooner you can be outside swat free. Be sure to take pictures of those magical gardens this weekend and post them on our Facebook page! Happy Easter from Mosquito Joe!