When it comes to holidays, Halloween is a favorite around the Mosquito Joe corporate office. So to break out the spooky fun, we’re dedicating an entire blog to some of our most-liked activities. From easy, last minute trick-less treat ideas to intricate ways to carve your pumpkins, there are surely plenty of options for your family to celebrate (that may not end in a candy-induced tummy ache!).
Get Creative in the Kitchen
This is the perfect time of year to whip up some wickedly good treats with the family. Short on time and imagination? We’ve got you covered…in toppings!
- Are the kids having a school party or are you running out of ideas for your neighbor’s get together? These 3-ingredient Halloween Marshmallow Pops and Dripped Pretzel Rods are just as easy as they are festive!
- Don’t forget the pizza! Your family will love these Halloween Pizzas and it’ll give the kids a chance to show their artistic side.
- If you need a healthy alternative this year, these Frightful Fruit Kebabs may help with the guilt.
- Thirsty? Sip on this Goosebumps Halloween Punch to quench your ghoulish taste buds.
Get Out of the House
Halloween festivities couldn’t take place during a better time of year in most areas to be out in the crisp, fresh air. We’ve got a list of our favorite Halloween activities to help your family and friends venture out for fun.
- Visit a local farm for apple picking or a challenging corn maze.
- Hold each other’s hands while you travel through a spooky haunted house.
- Head to the craft store for DIY costume or decoration supplies.
- Project some classic Halloween movies in your (mosquito-free) backyard.
- Support a local pumpkin patch and pick out your favorite pumpkins.
- Find festivals, carnivals, and trick-or-treat events near you.
- Enter a costume contest.
Carve Your Pumpkins
Is it really Halloween without a jack-o-lantern? Picking them out is half the fun, the other half is designing and carving them. After you’ve laid out all of the knife rules and guidelines, check out these great pages to get your mind buzzing with pumpkin carving ideas. After all of your hard work, don’t forget to save the seeds and bake them for a yummy reward!
- If you’re new to pumpkin-carving, these Beginner Pumpkin-Carving Templates can help you get started and won’t have you pulling your hair out at the end of the day.
- Don’t feel like carving? Bring out the art supplies and avoid the mess by trying these Painted Pumpkin Ideas.
- If you have a lot of time on your hands or want to have some of the best-looking pumpkins in the neighborhood, try these Advanced Pumpkin-Carving Templates.
Remember, mosquitoes stay active until the temperature is consistently below 50 degrees. If you plan on hosting a festive party or anticipate little monsters knocking on your door for sweets, consider a Halloween spray from your local Mosquito Joe to ensure candy will be the only thing everyone’s itching for.