Rodent Control Services
Rats, mice, and other rodents are known to be dirty and nasty but are also very clever about getting into your spaces. Ugh! The scuttling, scurrying, gnawing critters are a problem just about everywhere but especially in city, suburb, and rural areas. You can be confident that the local rodent populations are thriving wherever you may live. The goal is to keep them well away from your home, right? But times of scarce food or uncomfortable weather changes have rats and mice looking to move in but have no fear because Mosquito Joe is here to help alleviate the rodent issue you may be experiencing in and around your home.
Heavy rain, severe drought, winter chill, and summer heat can cause hungry rats and other rodents to seek food and shelter in our barns, sheds, roofs, garages, attics, basements, and homes. The best rodent control services keep them from entering your premises while working to reduce their population.
Steps to Stopping a Rodent Infestation
Rats and mice are attracted to the food, water, and shelter we enjoy. So, the key to effective rodent control is blocking access to these necessities completely. You can take steps to make your home less appealing to rodents and harder to access. Start at the heart of your home, and work outwards:
- Always clean up spilled food and water in the kitchen. Store all food in air-tight containers.
- Keep kitchen garbage in containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Pick up pet food dishes and water when not actively in use.
- Patch and repair any holes, however small, in walls between rooms, between the garage and the attic, or leading outdoors. Pay particular attention to the back of cupboards and closets, vents, and around window casings.
- Inspect all vents, especially along the roof, to be sure the vent covers fit properly and are in good repair.
- Stop feeding wild birds. Spilled seed attracts and feeds rats and mice.
- When adding food scraps to the compost, always turn the compost to cover any food scraps fully.
- Prune any branches that overhang your roof, or that grow close to the roof.
- Pick up fallen fruit or vegetables in the garden.
- Keep the grass mowed short, trim shrubs, and remove leaf litter and clutter that can provide shelter.
- Hire a professional rodent control service, such as your local Mosquito Joe, to examine your property and curtail the rodent population.
Remember, rodents are plentiful, smart, and driven to survive. Any effective rodent control program will require vigilance on your part to help keep your spaces secure from rats and mice.
How Do Professionals Get Rid of Rodents?
At Mosquito Joe, we work to keep rodents out of your home and off your property by using a carefully coordinated strategy that combines:
- Inspection to identify specific vulnerabilities to rodent entry
- Trapping rodents to remove them from your property
- Rodent population evaluation
- implementing a rodent barrier around your home
- Application of rodent repellant
Our rodent control services focus on keeping the problem out of your home in the first place.
What Does Rodent Control Service Include at Mosquito Joe?
At Mosquito Joe, we work to ensure your home and property don’t become a rodent’s favorite resting spot. We already provide exceptional outdoor pest control services, including mosquito control services and treatments for fleas and ticks, and now we can help protect your home from rodents, too. The Mosquito Joe rodent control method focuses on controlling rodent populations and denying them entrance to your home.
Rats and mice can cause structural damage. They can also carry fleas, ticks, allergens, and disease pathogens. Deceased rodents can also present a hazard to your family. As a rat dies and decays, the fleas, pathogens — and smells — live on. And the dead body further attracts other insects. Rat traps, too, present their own risks. Mosquito Joe rodent control focuses on effective population control and establishing an effective rodent barrier around your home. Our rodent control solutions are made of natural ingredients and are environmentally friendly.
Are Chemicals Used in Rodent Control?
Mosquito Joe rodent control uses no rodenticides that can risk leaving dead and dying rats or mice inside your home. Instead, we use a liquid rodent repellent to control the population and establish a barrier around your home. Our goal is to prevent rodents from coming into your home in the first place. We block the pathways rats and mice use to access your garage, attic, basement, and home. We also alert you to existing issues on your property that may attract rodents.
Cost of Professional Rodent Control Services
Because every home, property, and rodent issue is different, we customize our services you’re your specific areas. We are happy to provide a free, no-obligation quote for rodent control service customized to your needs.
Contact Mosquito Joe for a Rodent Control Quote
Your local Mosquito Joe will protect your home from rodents without risking the health of your family. Call us today at 855-275-2563 or fill out our online quote request form. We’ll be happy to provide you with information about our affordable and effective rodent control services.
*This service is available at participating Mosquito Joe locations. Please contact your local Mosquito Joe to inquire further about rodent control offerings.