Give your yard and pets freedom from flea-dom.
Most people know the common annoyances of fleas for cats, dogs, and sometimes even humans. Their bites are itchy, their saliva can be an allergen causing rashes, and they can cause skin problems when your cat or dog scratches incessantly. What many people don’t realize is that fleas actually carry diseases just like mosquitoes and ticks.
By learning about fleas and how to control them with important prevention techniques and professional services, you can reduce your family’s exposure to fleas, ticks and mosquitoes, and the health risks they carry.
What you need to know:
- Fleas find hosts and those hosts are warm-blooded animals. Naturally, they are usually dogs and cats, but they can also be opossums, rats, and other rodents.
- According to the ASPCA, since fleas can consume 15 times their own body weight in blood, they can cause anemia and a significant amount of blood loss over time. They can even cause tapeworms.
- A female flea can lay 2,000 eggs, and fleas can bite up to 400 times a day, so you should have a flea prevention plan in place to keep your home and pets protected.
- If you have pets, veterinarians recommend a monthly flea and tick preventative given once a month during all seasons.
- An important supplement to that is treating your yard to keep it flea-free. Our mosquito control services also kill and prevent fleas and ticks, so let Mosquito Joe be your first line of defense against these disease-carrying pests.
With help from Mosquito Joe, you can get ahead of any flea issues on your property this season:
- Call us and our friendly, professional outdoor pest control service can help protect your yard from fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- Keep grass mowed and trees trimmed. This is the opposite of curb appeal for fleas – they have nowhere to hide!
- Don’t leave pet food unattended in your yard for pets. This encourages feral pets and wildlife into your yard to investigate, and they’ll bring their fleas with them! Opossums, raccoons, and stray cats are the worst offenders.
- Trim back any tree branches and high shrubs that would allow animals to crawl into your attic. Seal off any openings to crawl spaces, garages, sheds, or under decks, where wild animals or stray dogs or cats could gain entrance to your home.
Our barrier treatment also eliminates and prevents fleas and ticks, so let Mosquito Joe be your first line of defense against these disease-carrying pests. Interested in learning more about our services? Give us a call at 1-855-275-2563 submit a quote request form, or email us at [email protected]!