It’s a peaceful summer night and you are slowly drifting off to sleep until you hear it—the obnoxious whine of a mosquito in your ear! It leaves you asking how these pesky mosquitoes got in and, more important, how to get rid of mosquitoes inside your house.
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Inside the House
Once you determine that you have mosquitoes inside your home, the first thing you want to do is get rid of them, especially before you turn in for the night.
Consider these options for taking care of mosquitoes that are already in your home:
- Use an indoor insect fogger or insect spray to kill mosquitoes and treat areas where larvae may develop. Mosquitoes will gravitate toward dark, moist places so be sure to check in closets, under the sink, or around the laundry room.
- Purchase mosquito traps and place them around your home, focusing on the areas where mosquitoes are most prevalent.
- Put plants to work! Fill your home with mosquito-repelling herbs such as tulsi, catnip and feverfew.
The best way to keep their intrusion to a minimum is by being proactive and working to keep them out from the start.
Keep Mosquitoes Out of the House
Mosquitoes are effective at finding their way into homes. They actively seek out cracks, gaps, and broken screens. Use these tips to seal up your home and keep mosquitoes where they belong: outside.
- Inspect window and door screens for gaps and holes then either mend the tear or replace the screen.
- Inspect windows for gaps or weathered sealing and shore up these openings with caulk.
- Ensure weather seals on doors do not have any gaps. If they do, replace the seals.
What Type of Mosquitoes Are In Your Home
Have you ever wondered exactly what type of mosquitoes are likely to be flitting around your home? Culex mosquitoes are known as the Common House Mosquito because of their tendency to want to make their way into homes. While other types of mosquitoes may end up in the home, these are the only ones that seek out the indoors.
The best way to keep mosquitoes out of your home is also keeping them out of your yard. Contact us online or call Mosquito Joe today at 1-855-275-2563 so we can make outside fun again for you and your family!
Are there other bugs you want to keep out of your home? Learn how to make your home a no-bug zone from the cleaning professionals at Molly Maid, a fellow member of the Neighborly® family of home service brands.